Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tomato Basil Sauce & Brown Rice Pasta

This was tonights dinner.. and there are no leftovers!

Ingredients:
14oz brown rice pasta
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of evoo
1 handful of fresh basil
4oz fresh spinach
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
2oz goat cheese

Cook pasta as directed.
-In a skillet.. heat evoo, add garlic, tomatoes, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach and cook until it wilts down (usually 5 minutes). Drain the pasta and add to the sauce mixture. Top with goat cheese crumbles before serving.

If you have little ones who won't eat spinach, set some sauce aside before adding the green stuff! It is still a healthy pasta dinner and kids won't give it the stink eye.

-I buy my pasta at Trader Joe's. They have 4 varieties of brown rice pasta and they are only $1.99 a bag.
-I use a shortcut for basil and garlic. I'm sure a gourmet chef would shudder at the thought, but the frozen stuff below is my friend. I also buy this at Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment